Article 1 (Basic Principles for Privacy Protection)
Article 2 (Personal Information)
In this Policy, “Personal Information” means the personal information defined in Article 2, Paragraph 1 of the Act, i.e., the information regarding a living individual that can identify a specific individual by name, date of birth or other description contained in such information (including information that may be easily collated with other information and will thereby enable identification of a specific individual).
Article 3 (Proper Acquisition of Personal Information)
The Company will acquire Personal Information by proper means and will not obtain Personal Information by deception or other wrongful means.
Article 4 (Purpose of Use)
The Company will use the Users’ Personal Information for the following purposes.
In addition, the Company may change the purposes of use to a reasonable extent, and in the event of any change, it will notify the Users or publicly announce such change.
(1) to provide and develop the Services;
(2) to give notifications with respect to the Services;
(3) to improve user experience of the Services and related services;
(4) to give notifications with respect to various promotions relating to the Services;
(5) to conduct surveys, marketing activities, and market searches and analyses to improve the quality of the Services;
(6) to disclose or provide information obtained through the aggregation and analyses of information relating to the Services to third parties in a manner whereby individuals are unidentifiable or unspecifiable;
(7) to provide maintenance and support by the Company regarding the Services;
(8) to respond to actions that violate the terms, policies, etc. with respect to the Services (the “Terms”);
(9) to verify accounts at financial institutions and to confirm completion of remittance;
(10) to protect the Services and the Users’ and other third parties’ rights, property, services, etc. when necessary; and
(12) to serve any other purposes incidental to the purpose of use above.
Article 5 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
The Company will not provide Personal Information to any third party unless permitted under the Act or any other laws or regulations; provided, however, the foregoing will not apply if:
(1) the User consents;
(2) the Company outsources the handling of Personal Information in whole or in part to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use;
(3) Personal Information is provided upon succession of business due to merger or other events;
(5) there is danger to the life, body, property, etc. of another User or a third party, and it is difficult to obtain consent of the User; or
(6) the disclosure of Personal Information is required by a valid order issued by a public organization pursuant to laws and regulations.
Article 6 (Secure Management of Personal Information)
The Company will provide necessary and appropriate supervision to its officers and employees in order to ensure secure management against risks such as alternation, loss, leakage, etc. of Personal Information.
In addition, in the event the Company outsources the handling of Personal Information in whole or in part, the Company will provide necessary and appropriate supervision to ensure secure management of Personal Information by the outsourcee.
Article 7 (Disclosure of Personal Information, etc.)
In the event a User requests to disclose, or to correct, add or delete Personal Information (“Correct”), or to discontinue the use of or erase Personal Information (“Discontinue”) under the Act, the Company will, after confirming that the request is made by the User, disclose to, or Correct or Discontinue for the User without delay (or in the event such action will not be taken pursuant to the Act, the Company will notify the User thereof); provided, however, that this provision will not apply if the Company is not obligated to disclose, Correct or Discontinue under the Act or other laws and regulations. A fee (1,000 yen (tax inclusive) per request) will be required for any request to disclose, Correct or Discontinue the use of Personal Information.
Article 8 (Disclaimer)
The Company will not be liable in any of the following circumstances:
(1) in the event a User himself/herself discloses Personal Information to a third party; or
(2) in the event information entered directly by a User is available to a third party and the User is identified by the third party due to that information.
Cookies or similar technologies may be used in the Company’s services. Such technologies help the Company to recognize the status of use of the Services and other matters and contribute to improvement of the Services. The Users may disable cookies by changing the web browser settings. However, please note that when cookies are disabled, parts of the service may become unavailable.
Article 10 (Amendment of the Policy)
Unless provided otherwise by laws and regulations, the Company may change the Policy from time to time in accordance with the procedures set by the Company.
Article 11 (Inquiry)
Please contact the following for inquiries regarding the handling of Personal Information:
Enacted on the 25th day of the September, 2018
Revised on the 30th day of the July, 2019